And so far, so good! Some things are harder now that he can get out of his bed, but some things are easier too. It balances out quite well!
The things that I'm loving are:
- In the mornings Max will often get up and play for a while before either coming to find us, or crying for us to come and get him. Bonus mini sleep-ins!
- I don't need to worry about him climbing out of his cot and hurting himself anymore.
- We've started tucking Max into bed and then reading him a bedtime story each night.
- I will often lie on the floor next to Max's bed, holding his hand and singing songs with him for a 5 minutes each night.
- On the days that he refuses to stay in his bed and nap I lie on the floor next to his bed until he falls asleep. I thought this would frustrate me, but instead I find myself using that time to pray.
- He looks so cute sleeping in his little 'big boy' bed!
Things I'm not loving quite as much:
- Some nights our usual routine doesn't work and he just keeps getting out of bed, opening his door and calling out 'Mumma' until I come and see him. This can go on for up to 40 minutes.
- One day when I thought Max was napping he was actually colouring in his table and chairs with (non-washable) crayons.
- How quickly my baby is growing up!!
All in all, it has definitely been a positive move and one that I think Max was definitely ready for.